Modernism Week 2024 is almost here
Calling all mid-century modern enthusiasts, vintage vultures, and design devotees! The desert oasis of Palm Springs is calling, and it's dressed to impress in its finest atomic-age attire. And we at the Paul Kaplan Group, are ready to show you some amazing mid-century homes too! That's right, it's Modernism Week 2024, baby! From February 15th to the 25th, prepare to be transported back to a bygone era of sleek lines, bold colors, and martini-fueled glamour.
But what exactly is Modernism Week, you ask? Well, imagine a 10-day extravaganza celebrating all things mid-century modern. Think architectural tours of iconic homes, vintage car shows, educational talks, dazzling parties, and enough tiki torches to light up the entire Mojave Desert. It's a sensory feast for anyone who digs the cool cats and chrome accents of the 1950s and 60s.
Now, with such a smorgasbord of events, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. But fear not, fellow design detectives! I've scoured the schedule and handpicked the top 10 events you absolutely need to snag tickets for (before they're gone!):
1. Signature Home Tours: Immerse yourself in the heart of mid-century living with these tours of privately-owned architectural gems. From sleek steel-and-glass masterpieces to cozy desert ranches, each tour is a unique glimpse into a bygone era. (Pro tip: The Frey II house tour is legendary!)
2. Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale: This indoor marketplace is a treasure trove for design aficionados. Browse hundreds of vendors showcasing furniture, art, fashion, and accessories, all with that unmistakable mid-century flair. Get ready to find the perfect Sputnik lamp or that groovy cocktail shaker you've been dreaming of
3. Modernism Week Vintage Trailer Show: Step back in time at this two-day extravaganza celebrating all things trailer-tastic. Vintage trailers of all shapes and sizes will be on display, along with live music, food trucks, and plenty of retro vibes. Bonus points if you show up in your own vintage rig!
4. Modernism Week Opening Night Party: Get your dancing shoes ready for this epic bash at the Palm Springs Air Museum. Live music, themed cocktails, and a groovy crowd will set the scene for a night of pure fun. Don't forget your platforms and best vintage threads!
5. Sunnylands Center & Gardens Tour: Explore the opulent estate of Walter and Leonore Annenberg, a mid-century marvel of diplomacy and design. This tour is a must for history buffs and architecture lovers alike.
6. Tiki Cocktail Class at Mr. Lyons: Learn the secrets of crafting the perfect mid-century cocktail at this hands-on class. Mingle with fellow tiki enthusiasts, shake up some tropical concoctions, and transport yourself to a Polynesian paradise.
7. Modernism Week Double Decker Architectural Bus Tour: Take a narrated journey through the city's most iconic mid-century neighborhoods. This informative tour is a great way to get your bearings and learn about the history of Palm Springs' architectural boom.
[Imagen A bright red double-decker bus cruising through a mid-century modern neighborhood in Palm Springs, with passengers enjoying the sights and listening to the tour guide's narration.]
8. Vintage Fashion Show at CAMP: Witness the evolution of style at this runway extravaganza showcasing vintage clothing from the 1940s to the 1970s. Get inspired by the timeless elegance of bygone eras and maybe even pick up some vintage fashion tips for yourself.
Check our more info and buy tickets at www.Modernismweek.com.